
My friend, Maha (who I met almost 24 years ago when she and I were students at the American University in Cairo) - treated Erja and I to an amazing outing and lunch at the newly built AL-AZHAR PARK...along with two of her three children...Alia and Ahmad...11 and 5 years old...This landscape & architectural wonder is truly now one of the most beautiful, magical and peaceful places to visit in Egypt...lots of gardens, trees and green spaces...fountains and pools of all shapes and sizes to gaze upon...As the sun set, we enjoyed local cuisine...and views of the Mohammed Ali Mosque and the Citadel in the distance...as well as admiring Egyptian families and children out enjoying this paradise together...strolling...children laughing and playing...running...new born babies crying...young love blooming among the gardens and gentle breezes...everyone happy and relaxed...reluctant to return to their lives outside of the gates of this inner city sanctuary...
hi mom now i know what Egypt looks like and i really want to go.Did
ReplyDeleteyou get are email?
love you,
Gabe